Why choose us as your Investment Property Managers
Property investment should be easy. You invest. You earn a return. Simple.
Everything else in between should be taken care of by your Property Manager.
At Dickens Real Estate we recognise the value of personal service. Our Property Managers are experienced, highly trained and are committed to ensuring that you, your investment property and renters are cared for with the highest level of skill and professionalism. It is our goal to always exceed our landlord’s expectations and to build productive, long term relationships.
Our property management team is supported by a friendly team of real estate professionals who can provide a wide range of services for you including residential and commercial sales, holiday accommodation management, owners corporation management and appraisals. We have been servicing the local area for over 65 years and are a one stop shop for all of your local real estate needs.
For a free, no obligation rental appraisal of your home or investment property, please contact our Property Management Team who will be happy to make a time to meet with you or call for a copy of our Residential Property Investors Handbook which will provide a detailed overview of the services you can expect from us as your investment property managers.
See what other successful investors have to say . . .
Dickens Real Estate has looked after my rental properties, also my selling and buying of properties, for 20 years, and my father’s as well.
When going overseas for twelve months, I had no hesitation in allowing my home to be left in the hands of the property management team. Communication is always good, and problems handled quickly. All the people who work there are extremely helpful and I cannot recommend them highly enough. Their service is excellent.
You have demonstrated excellent judgement in choosing the right clients to rent my small two bedroom apartment which is part of my home. You are respectful of my needs, selecting clients who will treat my furniture and other equipment supplied as though it were their own. You have matched them perfectly. I wish you continued success in property management and have no doubt other landlords would support my assessment of you.
Dickens Real Estate manages all of investment properties in Bright and never fails to impress with their knowledge of the Property Market, the Residential Tenancies Act and the various related Regulations. Somehow they always maintains the Landlord’s best interests without compromising professional integrity or fairness for all parties.
Being a Bright property owner and living overseas, the Property Management Team handle all tenant issues, inspections, repairs and any other arising issues with professionalism and prompt efficiency. The team are always contactable, offer sound advice, and keep me totally up-to-date on what’s what. I couldn’t manage my property without them and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Dickens Real Estate when buying or selling in Bright and surrounds.
Our role as your Investment Property Manager
Our role is simply to maximise the return on your property investment.
You may be looking to rent the family home, purchase or already own an investment property and it is our role to ensure reliable income and capital growth of your investment property whilst removing the hassle for you.
To do so encapsulates a wild and wonderful spectrum of responsibilities that you can be assured will be handled with the utmost professionalism and with open and honest communication with you.
Managing your income
- We advise on market rent and conduct regular free of charge rent appraisals.
- We collect rent with a zero tolerance rent arrears management policy.
- We will implement rent increases in line with market conditions and the Residential Tenancies Act.
- We will handle payment of all disbursements including invoices for maintenance works, water rates and Owners Corporation Fees and ensure rental statements and funds are paid to you, on time, each month.
Managing your renters
- We will find the right renter for your property through extensive marketing channels.
- We will screen all renters thoroughly including in-depth reference checks and tenancy database checks.
- We will implement a legally binding tenancy agreement and lodgement of bond.
- We will handle complaints and emergencies.
- We will develop a detailed entry condition report supported by photos at the beginning of a tenancy and compare this report to the property at the end of the tenancy.
Managing repairs and maintenance
To achieve the maximum return from your investment property and to attract and retain quality tenants, it must be maintained in the best possible condition.
- We will conduct the maximum number of routine inspections allowable under the law during each tenancy supplying you with a report after each one.
- We will respond to all maintenance issues on your behalf.
- We offer a preferred list of qualified tradespeople.
- We pay invoices on your behalf.
- We conduct final tenant inspections and arrange for repairs or claims where necessary.
Managing within the law
Our experienced property managers have a comprehensive knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act and are continuously keeping up to date with the ever changing legislative requirements.
Questions to ask when selecting a Property Manager
- What human resources has the agency allocated to leasing properties?
- Do the agency staff members personally show prospective tenants through properties?
- How does the agency market available properties for lease?
- Request some examples of recent internet listings? (looking at the quality of ad copy & images)
- How much information is obtained from applicants for properties and what information is verified?
- What documented systems are in place for property management?
- What is your process for dealing with rent arrears?
- What is your process for reviewing & negotiating the rent on my property?
- What is your process for dealing with repairs and maintenance?
- What steps do you take to ensure that all contractors working on my property are properly licensed and insured?
- What steps do you take to ensure that all maintenance work is competitively priced?
- How frequently will you inspect my property?
- What is the experience level of the staff members who will be leasing and managing my property & how much ongoing training do they have?
- Do you send rent statements by email and deposit rental funds electronically?
- What references do you have from satisfied clients?
- What back up staff are there in the event my property manager is sick or on holidays?
- How frequently will you communicate with me and what form will it take?
Free rent appraisal
One of the benefits of owning an investment property is the extra income it generates. So, savvy investors look for ways to maximise their return on investment. An important step in achieving this is to get a rental appraisal conducted professionally. A Property Manager will be able to appraise a property for a market rent using current market trends and conditions and comparing the property to what similar properties in the area are achieving.
There are many reasons to get a rental appraisal;
- One of the main benefits of a rental appraisal is that they are generally free. This makes them a risk-free option that every savvy property investor should be taking advantage of.
- Our property manager will collect and share information that can directly help your financial future and offer it to you at no cost. This truly makes getting a rental appraisal an opportunity too good to miss out on.
- As any good salesperson will tell you, the key to success is to know your product. A benefit of getting a rental appraisal conducted is that you will gain a better understanding of your current or potential asset.
- Rental appraisals can open the door to conversations with a property manager about your property and help you find out what can be improved upon. By taking measures to amplify the appeal of your investment property to potential tenants, you can justifiably increase the rent and therefore your return on investment.
- Property managers can also give you information about other properties in the suburb of your investment. You can use this information to see how your property is performing in comparison.
- Rental appraisals aren’t just for those that own an investment property. If you’re considering becoming a property investor, you can get a rental appraisal done to understand what your return on investment will be. The appraisal could also help you assess your purchase when seeking a loan. Knowing your potential rental income can help you understand the affordability of your repayments.
- By having a rental appraisal conducted by a real estate professional, you will be forming a very important connection that could potentially help stabilise your financial future.
Our property management team can take the hassle out of owning an investment property and make it a far less stressful experience for you. Our main goal will be to make your investment property as profitable for you as possible.
Organise a free rental appraisal with Dickens Real Estate today to get a strong picture of your property’s true value on the market.